Escape Pain is a group-based, rehabilitation programme for the management of osteoarthritis of the knee and/or hip. It is available widely across the UK and is supported by NHS England and Versus Arthritis. The programme has attained multiple awards and endorsements.
Classes are run by a Saints Foundation exercise professional and delivered over six weeks (two classes per week). Each class integrates education and exercise to make sure you get the most out of your time with us.
Benefits - supported by clinical evidence:
• Reduces pain
• Improves physical function
• Improves mental well-being, self-confidence and self-esteem
• Reduces healthcare and utilisation costs
- Aged 45 years or older
- Chronic joint pain for at least three months
- Needing a supervised exercise programme
- Independently mobile and able to carry out regular exercise
- Available to attend classes for six weeks
Project Funders Include:
Southampton Clinical Commissioning Group